Position: Research Analyst
Classification: Full-time, Exempt
Our Research Department is responsible for providing strategic support for any of our campaigns to build power and improve standards for workers. These include negotiation campaigns to raise the standard of living for healthcare workers and quality of care for their patients, organizing campaigns to unite more healthcare workers in our union and public policy campaigns to raise quality, lower costs and raise workplace standards for healthcare workers. Additionally, it is the research department’s responsibility to fully understand, monitor and educate our leadership and membership about the various industries in which they work.
Essential Skills Needed for Position
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills;
- Commitment to building power for workers;
- 2-3 years of labor, community, political or policy campaign experience;
- Proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint;
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field;
- Some experience analyzing public and private company financial statements;
- Knowledge or experience in the health care industry is preferred;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to work independently.
Accountability and Authority
This position reports to a Research Coordinator and Research Assistant Director.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Providing strategic support and analysis for campaigns to unite workers in our union and to hold employers accountable to their workers and the communities they serve
- Providing analysis and support in contract campaigns.
- Developing and implementing new organizing and contract campaign tactics and strategies.
- Identifying opportunities to unite more workers in our union.
- Tracking and monitoring key players and developments in our industries.
- Performing in depth financial analyses of health systems and long term care companies.
- Analyzing policy issues that could impact workers and key industries.
- Performing other duties as necessary to support our members.
- Must be willing to travel
- Able to lift up to ten pounds
- Able to bend and stoop
SEIU-UHW offers a competitive salary, commensurate with experience, and a generous benefit package.
SEIU is an affirmative action employer and encourages applications from all qualified candidates regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, martial status, religion, or disability. Please submit cover letter and resume with at least three references as on document to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference “Research Analyst” in the subject line.