Our New Leadership Team
Unionwide | Hospital Division | Kaiser Division
Every three years, SEIU-UHW members vote on who will represent us and lead our union into the future.
All members will vote to elect a President, a Vice-President, and eight (8) members of the Executive Committee, elected union-wide.
Within each of UHW’s two divisions (Hospitals and Kaiser), members will also vote to elect:
- Nineteen (19) additional members of the Executive Committee. Each division is entitled to fill one (1) divisional Executive Committee position for every 5,000 members in the division, by geography, as follows:
- Hospitals – 9 positions
- Kaiser – 10 positions
- Two hundred and sixteen (216) Executive Board Members allocated by division and geography, one (1) Executive Board position for every 500 members, as follows:
- Hospitals – 99 positions
- Kaiser – 115 positions
- Retired Members – 2 positions
- Four (4) Advisors to the Executive Board—one (1) Ethics Officer and one (1) Financial Officer for each of the two divisions.
Make sure your vote counts!
- Make sure your dues are current. Only members in good standing may vote.
You can check your status with the SEIU-UHW Membership Department by calling (510) 251-1250 or (800) 585-4250 and requesting the Membership Department.
- Make sure your employer has your current address. Ballots will be mailed to members’ homes.
- Make sure your ballot is received by 5 p.m. on March 16th.
- Please note that only the US Postal Service can deliver overnight to a P.O. Box. Neither UPS nor Fed Ex can deliver to a P.O. Box via overnight delivery.
If you make a mistake on your ballot, lose your ballot, or need any materials which accompanied your ballot, you may request a replacement by calling MK Election Services at (209) 259-6740 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nomination Notice is mailed: December 27
- Nominations open: January 6
- Nominations close: February 6
- Ballots are mailed: February 25
- Last day to request a replacement ballot: March 6
- Ballots must be received by 5 p.m. on March 16
- Ballots are counted: March 17 (Watch the ballot count)
Below are the candidates who have been confirmed as qualified to run in the 2020 Leadership Election.
- 2020-2023 Leadership Team: Unionwide | Hospital Division | Kaiser Division
- Final Vote Count Results
- Sample Ballots
- Qualified Candidate List, February 10, 2020
- Nomination Notice
- Election Guidelines
- Candidate Checklist
- SPANISH – Lista Para Los Candidatos
- Slate Manager Guide
- SPANISH – Protocolos Para Los Encargados De Las Listas De Candidatos
- Slate Candidate Tracker Template (Excel file .xlsx)
- Sample Forms
- Nomination Forms
- Nomination Form (non-Unionwide)
- SPANISH – Formulario de nominación
- Unionwide Nomination Form
- SPANISH – Formulario de nominación a nivel de toda la organización laboral
- Petition Forms
- Petition Form (non-Unionwide)
- SPANISH – Petición de nominación
- Unionwide Petition Form
- SPANISH – Petición de nominación a nivel de toda la organización laboral
The SEIU-UHW 2020 Election Committee
Alexandria Sanchez, Kaiser Antelope Valley
Sonny D. Jones-Lathan, Alta Bates Summit Medical Center
Ruby Robley, Kaiser Antioch
Warren Torrence Jr., Dignity Health Medical Foundation
Richard Prasad, Kaiser South Sacramento