SEIU-UHW members spent 3,645 hours speaking with the community urging them to support candidates who care about healthcare workers for the 2022 primary election.
Here are the details:
- California Attorney General: Rob Bonta got 54.5% of the vote, and will have a clear advantage going into November
- State Senate District 8: Dave Jones moves on, but will face a strong challenger in November
- State Senate District 10: Aisha Wahab moves on, but will face a strong challenger in November
- State Assembly 27: Esmeralda Soria now has a clear path to win in November
- State Assembly 39: Andrea Rosenthal did not finish in the top 2, and will not go on to November
- State Assembly 61: Tina McKinnor moves on, but will face a strong challenger in November
- State Assembly 62 (Special Election): Tina McKinnor won for the remainder of the term
Elected officials who stand with healthcare workers are essential to protect our rights and to win strong contracts. Political support has aided in our pickets, strikes, and legislation protecting healthcare workers. Support at every level of the government is needed to secure a better future for ourselves, our patients, and our communities.