The Role Of An SEIU-UHW Steward
Our Representational Leaders (stewards) are the backbone of our union, providing vital support to ensure our coworkers have a strong voice in our facilities. A Steward is someone who:
- Is trusted and respected;
- Will support in advocating on behalf of worksite issues;
- Performs the job in a manner we can be proud of; and
- Will act on behalf of all our members and our union, SEIU-UHW.
Interested in Becoming a Steward? Reach out to your union rep, facility leader or send a message at email@example.com to learn more.
The Role Of An SEIU-UHW Contract Specialist
While contract specialists remain employed by the hospital, they work full-time on important projects related to the collective bargaining agreement and labor-management relations. Contract specialist duties include:
- Contract interpretation, administration and education;
- Guidance in grievance and problem resolution;
- Improvement in shop steward capacity;
- Collaborative interaction with facility leadership;
- Work on committees to advance goals like quality care, patient satisfaction and consistent contract application
Interested in Becoming a Contract Specialist? Reach out to your union rep, facility leader or send a message at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.