Our 83,000-member Union Coalition just reached a Tentative Agreement with Kaiser Permanente on a four-year contract that wins on all our bargaining goals and restores a true Labor Management Partnership.
Our Four-Year Tentative Agreement:
1. Protects good, middle class jobs with . . .
- Strong across-the-board raises of 3% a year
- Protected healthcare benefits — including fully-paid family coverage and $5 copays for office visits and $5 mail-order and first-time prescription copays
- Protected retirement benefits — no changes to our pensions or retiree medical coverage
- No two-tier wages or benefits for new hires — all future Kaiser workers get the same wage rates and benefits as us
2. Completely bans subcontracting of jobs at our facilities and strengthens protections against outsourcing work
3. Builds the workforce of the future with a $130 million investment funded exclusively by Kaiser to educate and train healthcare workers for tomorrow’s jobs. No employee contribution.
4. Waives the work experience requirement for any of us seeking promotion to a new position at Kaiser
Our Tentative Agreement includes many other huge wins for our families and our patients . . . But we don’t get any of it unless we vote to lock it in!