Updated version: September 1, 2021.
These Terms of Service are permanently available here: https://www.seiu-uhw.org/myuhw_termsofuse/
- Legal notice
The Service is provided by SEIU-UHW West:
SEIU-UHW, Registered office: 560 Thomas L Berkley Way, Oakland, CA 94612
Registered in the Oakland Trade and Companies Register under the number: 20-1973983
Phone number: 510.251.1250
Google Cloud Platform
Company located at Gordon House, 4 Barrow St, Dublin, Ireland
Registered in the Dublin Trade and Companies Register under the number: 752925594
Phone number: +353 1 436 1000
Community Website: the online platform named MyUHW edited by Hivebrite and provided by MyUHW, allowing User to benefit from the Service.
Digital Millennium Copyright Act
If you are a copyright owner or an agent thereof and believe that any SEIU-UHW Content or User Content infringes upon your copyright, you may submit a notification pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) by providing SEIU-UHW’s Copyright Agent with the following information in writing (see 17 U.S.C 512(c)(3) for further detail):
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled and information reasonably sufficient to permit SEIU-UHW to locate the material;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are, or are authorized to act on behalf of, the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- Your name, mailing address, telephone number, and e-mail address; and
- A physical or electronic signature of the owner of the exclusive right that is allegedly infringed, or that of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner.
SEIU-UHW’s designated Copyright Agent to receive notifications of claimed infringement can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org. You acknowledge that if you fail to comply with all of the above requirements, your DMCA notice may not be valid.
For clarity, only DMCA notices should go to the Copyright Agent. Please use the Contact Us form for any other feedback, comments, requests for technical support, or other communications with SEIU-UHW.
User Account: means a dedicated online account opened by any visitor and providing an access to the Service.
Identifiers: means login and password or social login the User used to create the User Account.
Party or Parties: means the User and SEIU-UHW designated either individually or collectively.
Service: means the Community Website and all the functionalities provided thereto and described in the Terms and Conditions.
Service Content: any data, text, files, information, usernames, images, graphics, photos, profiles, audio and video clips, sounds, works of authorship, applications, links, and other content or materials made available during the Service.
User or Users: means any person authorized by SEIU-UHW to access and use of the Service after creation of a User Account.
User Content: any content created, posted, or shared by the User, on or through the Service including any information, data, photos and other content relating to the User.
The Terms of Service will come into effect on first access to the Service for the entire duration of use.
- Description of the Service
The Service enables Users to connect with each other, build communities, or also do networking.
The Service comprises a suite of online services provided by SEIU-UHW allowing the User to:
- Connect with people of SEIU-UHW groups, businesses the User is interested in:
- Live feed: allows Users to have access to a newsfeed aggregating contents posted via the application. They can comment on the posts.
- Communicate with others by sharing content such as status, photos, videos, sending private messages, as well as creating events, groups, or projects.
- Directory: provide with the contact details of other Users.
- Private messages: allow Users to discuss by private messages.
- Projects: allows Users to create a project.
- Groups: Users can be part of groups with all the features of the application.
- Event organization: allows Users to create events.
- Ensure the safety and integrity of the Community Website with a reporting tool allowing the Users to signal contents and other Users.
- Share job offers or apply to job offers published in the Community Website;
- Stay up to date with news about your SEIU-UHW and activities in the Community Website:
- Email campaign: The User can receive emails campaigns from SEIU-UHW
- Notification: Users that have agreed can receive notifications sent by SEIU-UHW
- Media center: Users can upload files that are stored in the Community Website.
These Terms of Service govern the use of each component of the Service.
- Access to the Service
Access to the Service shall be subject to the creation of a User Account.
The Service is available on the website https://myuhw.org or the MyUHW mobile app that can be downloaded through the Apple App Store and Google Play Store].
- Requirements for the access to the Service
The User must ensure they have (the “User’s System”):
- The ability and means required to access the Services and to use it;
- The appropriate hardware (computer, smartphone…) and operating software and shall carry out the responsibility of the maintenance and the security;
- An Internet access from any access provider of the User’s choice;
- An adapted configuration of the browser.
Users shall bear all the costs for accessing the Service.
- Creation of the User Account
This shall require the entering of personal identification data through the online registration form accessible at the following address: https://myuhw.org
The User shall enter user identification data such as first name, last name, facility, email address, mobile phone numbers and is invited to choose its Identifiers.
The User can create a User Account by connecting through his or her Facebook account.
The User agrees to provide only accurate and complete information when creating or updating his/her Account information.
- Access modalities
In order to benefit from the Services, the User must log-in and with the email address that they provided to their employer and with their Facebook login that the User used to create the User Account. Identifiers are personal and confidential. Users are responsible for keeping it secret and not disclose it to any third party in any form and for any reason whatsoever.
The User’s login can only be changed at the request of the User or at the initiative of SEIU-UHW. The User’s password is modifiable by the User through the User’s Account. The User is solely and entirely responsible for the use of the User’s Identifiers and undertakes to do everything possible to keep it secret and not to disclose them to anyone, in any form whatsoever and for any reason whatsoever. If the User forgets her/his password, the User can generate a new one by clicking on the link “Reset my password” available at https://myuhw.org.
The User is solely responsible for the activity that occurs on its User Account and will be responsible to keep its Identifiers secure and for the use of his Identifiers by third-parties or for any actions or declarations made through his User Account, whether fraudulent or not, and guarantees SEIU-UHW against any request in this respect.
If the User has reason to believe that a person is fraudulently using identification elements or his User Account, she or he must immediately inform SEIU-UHW by e-mail at the following address email@example.com.
The User is solely responsible for the improper access, damage, disruption, loss or theft and adverse consequences caused by its breach of the confidentiality of the Identifiers. In case of loss, misappropriation or unauthorized use of its password, the User shall immediately notify SEIU-UHW.
Users may not use another’s account without permission. A User Account may not be shared, transferred, or sold to other parties, nor are they to be used by or made available to any person or entity except the registered user.
- Cost of the Service
The Service is available for free of charge to dues-paying SEIU-UHW members.
- Intellectual property
- Company’s ownership
The Service and the Service Content belong and shall remain the property of SEIU-UHW or its licensors as appropriate, and is protected by copyright, patent when applicable, trade secret and other intellectual property laws.
The User shall not acquire any of such rights title and interest (including, without limitation, all intellectual property rights such as copies, modifications, extensions and derivative works thereof) save as otherwise expressly set out in this Article 7.2 and the User shall take all necessary measures to this effect. All rights not expressly granted to Users are reserved and retained.
SEIU-UHW is the producer of databases on the Community Website and SEIU-UHW is the owner of any databases made available. The User shall not extract or reuse a substantial qualitative or quantitative portion of the databases, including for private purpose.
- User’s right of use
In connection with the use of the Services and Service Content or User’s Content, the User is not authorized to, or cannot allow a third party to:
- violate any applicable laws, rules or regulations, notably cause damage or injury to any person or property, infringes any rights of third parties including but not limited to any intellectual property rights and privacy rights or perform any other illegal, harmful or fraudulent activities;
- probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of any system or network;
- remove, circumvent, disable, damage or otherwise interfere with any security measures of any network, computer or communications system, software application, or network or computing device;
- attempts to connect without permission and/or damage, in any way whatsoever, any users, hosts or networks;
- disturb, hamper, interfere or interrupt the access to or operation of the Service and Service Content including by transmitting any worms, viruses, spyware, malware or any other code of a destructive or disruptive nature.
- User’s undertakings
The User represents and warrants that she or he retains ownership of all of his intellectual property rights in the User Content or that this User Content is subject to a license granted to the User by a third party holding these rights, under conditions allowing the User to freely use and/or transfer these elements for the purpose of using the Service, under the conditions described in the Terms and Conditions. SEIU-UHW does not claim ownership of the User Content.
The User holds SEIU-UHW harmless from all claims or actions brought by third parties on the grounds of an infringement of their rights, including, without limitation, publicity rights, copyrights, trademark and/or other intellectual property rights or privacy rights in the User Content.
Persons aged 18 years old or less are not authorized to access the Service.
- User’s rules of conduct
User may not post content which includes, but is not limited to: (i) sexually explicit materials; (ii) obscene, misleading, libelous, slanderous, violent, hateful and/or unlawful content or profanity; (iii) content that infringes upon the rights of any third party, including copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity or other personal or proprietary right, or that is deceptive or fraudulent; (iv) content that promotes the use or sale of illegal or regulated substances, tobacco products, ammunition and/or firearms; and (v) gambling, including without limitation, any online casino, sports books, bingo or poker (“Objectionable Content”)via the Service.
User may not defame, stalk, bully, abuse, harass, threaten, impersonate or intimidate people or entities and must not post private or confidential information via the Service, including, without limitation, the User or any other person’s credit card information, social security or alternate national identity numbers, non-public phone numbers or non-public email addresses.
User must not create accounts with the Service through unauthorized means, including but not limited to, by using an automated device, script, bot, spider, crawler or scraper.
User must not attempt to restrict another User from using or enjoying the Service and must not encourage or facilitate violations of these Terms of Service.
User may only make non-commercial uses of the Service and Service Content. Use of Service or the Service Content for any commercial, public or political purpose is strictly prohibited. Prohibited activities include but are not limited to: (1) activities that are illegal or fraudulent; (2) use that inaccurately implies endorsement, approval, or sponsorship by SEIU-UHW (or any individual officer or employee of SEIU-UHW); (3) use that can be confused with official communications of SEIU-UHW or its officers or employees; and (4) print or electronic mass mailings (sometimes known as “spamming”), solicitations for commercial services.
It is a violation of the SEIU Constitution and UHW bylaws, as well as federal law for any union or employer resources to be used to campaign for SEIU-UHW Executive Board offices. User must not use MyUHW to campaign for any union offices. .
- Reporting and moderation
In order to ensure the Community Website provides the best experience possible for everyone, if a User sees any inappropriate content, she or he must use the “Report as offensive” feature found under each post.
SEIU-UHW has no general obligation to monitor User Content nor to investigate whether facts or circumstances are revealing illicit activities. SEIU-UHW has set up a reporting tool allowing any User to notify illegal, abusive and harmful content.
The knowledge of such content is deemed effective when the hosting provider is notified of following:
- The notification date;
- The notifying User identity;
- The description of the facts in contention (possibly with screen shots of the content);
- As well as the reasons for which the content must be removed.
If a User Content is reported, SEIU-UHW reserves the right to withdraw the reported content and/or suspend or terminate the User Account of the User having originally published the reported content in the conditions set forth in Article 11.2.
- Termination, suspension, or revocation of access
- Deletion of the User Account by the User
At any time, SEIU-UHW may delete a User Account without notice through the Community Website if the user is no longer a dues-paying member or has repeatedly violated the rules of conduct.
Deletion is effective immediately.
- Deletion of inactive User Account
SEIU-UHW reserves the right to delete inactive accounts after a continuous period of 1 year the User has not used the Community Website.
- Privacy; Confidentiality
- Limitation of Warranty and Liability; Indemnification.
SEIU-UHW is not responsible for the User’s device compatibility nor if the User is unable to connect due to any technical problem related to the Internet network or a failure in the User’s computer facilities and equipment.
SEIU-UHW shall not be responsible for User’s System, nor any problems arising from or related to User’s System or caused by the Internet. User is responsible for the security of the User System and the security of its access to and connection with the Services.
Insofar as it has not been reported in the conditions of Article 10, any document, information, data, or elements available via the Service, including User Content (“Information”) is provided without any guarantees, notably that the Information is comprehensive or accurate.
The User is solely responsible for the use of the Information and bears all the risks arising from your reliance on this Information. The Information is provided on the condition that the User can determine its interest for a specific purpose before use. Under no circumstances SEIU-UHW accepts liability for injury arising from reliance on the said Information, its use or use of a product to which it refers.
The User is solely responsible for all User Content posted, and assumes all risks relating to its use by others and others’ reliance on its accuracy. The User acknowledges that, following the publication of the any content, its information will become accessible to all the Users on the Community Website and that as such, same information will be published, modified, translated, reproduced in any form and accessible, saved and reproduced by other Users and SEIU-UHW. SEIU-UHW will have no responsibility or liability in connection with the User Content.
SEIU-UHW expressly excludes any liability for events of any kind that may occur during any meeting organized between Users within the use of the Services.
- Hypertext links
The Community Website may provide links to websites operated by third parties or other internet sources/networks, as well as data/information coming from third-party servers. SEIU-UHW does not endorse or accept responsibility for the content or the use of third-party websites and cannot be held liable for any damage following or in relation with use or the fact of having trusted the content/data/results available on such third-party servers, external sources or internet sites.
If a User uses third-party sites or content from third-party servers, User does so solely at User’s own risk. Links do not imply that the Company is affiliated or associated with any linked site.
The User can use this contact information for any technical support request.
Change of the Service. SEIU-UHW may further develop or modify the Service or the Service Content only to improve its quality. The User will be informed of such development/modification as soon as it is implemented.
Convention of proof. Electronic documents exchanged by electronic means between the User and the SEIU-UHW shall be regarded as writings having the same probative force as writings on paper in the meaning of applicable law. They may constitute faithful and durable copies in accordance with applicable law, so that the User is invited to keep them.
Force majeure. In no case SEIU-UHW may be held liable for any breach of its contractual obligations resulting from a force majeure event as defined in applicable law and related jurisprudence.