In this pandemic, the safety of those who provide care is of the utmost importance. SEIU-UHW is partnering with Futuro Health to get healthcare workers in California – starting with SEIU-UHW members – prepared for the COVID-19 surge.
Pandemic Readiness for LVN/LPNs Course
*Fees and tuition waived*
Through this course, LVNs can update their skillsets to be ready for service on the front lines of the global pandemic, particularly in California for those who will need to provide care in acute care settings as restrictions in scope of practice become relaxed.
The training is designed in a self-paced, fully online, mobile-friendly format, covering 5 subjects. The total training will take about 5-6 hours to complete.
The training is FREE thanks to the contributions of Futuro Health, Pima Medical Institute, Kaiser Permanente, SEIU-UHW, and SEIU-UHW Joint Employer Education Fund.
If you are an LVN/LPN, sign up now.
- Understanding COVID-19 disease progression; understanding and practicing the proper use of personal protective equipment; COVID screening techniques and screening questions
- Infection control precautions, asepsis and types of precautions
- How to prepare for a move from sub-acute (clinics, nursing homes) to an acute setting (hospitals, emergency rooms, triage centers)
- Caring for patients on ventilators; operating respiratory equipment
- Managing stress and increasing resiliency for healthcare workers