If you answer yes to any one of these questions, you may need to file an incident report.
SEIU-UHW is the workforce leading our state and nation through this pandemic— and we demand these rights on the job to protect our patients, ourselves, our families, and our communities. Read and learn about our Healthcare Hero Bill of Rights below and file an incident report if your hospital employer has put your health or livelihood at risk. Read the full Healthcare Heroes Bill of Rights here.
RIGHT #1: Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for All
- Has your employer denied you personal protective equipment?
- Has your employer asked you to go into COVID areas or transport patients without necessary PPE?
RIGHT #2: Safe Staffing and Respect:
- Has your employer forced you to work without enough staff?
RIGHT #3: Safeguarded from Outside Contamination
- Has your employer failed to tightly control access to the facility?
- Has your employer allowed entry to people without a mask?
RIGHT #4: Safe Protocols for Exposed Workers
- Has your employer delayed or failed to notify you of potential exposure to COVID-19?
- Has your employer failed to test you after you were exposed?
RIGHT #5: Strong Support from Hospital Management
- Has your employer retaliated against you for speaking out
RIGHT #6: Respect for Risking Our Lives as Essential Workers
- Has your employer laid you off, furloughed you, cut your hours, or stopped calling you into work?